This is the card I created fo rthe new challenge over at Stamping 411. As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew what I wanted to use & how it should look when I finished. I wanted to try & create a shabby chic/vintage type card. I think I have succeeded in getting the results I had in my head.
As usual the operators have provided us with all the basic measurements – all the hard work has been done for us –
Base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored and folded in half at 4 1/4″ – Very Vanilla
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4″ – Soft Suede
Layer 3: 4″ x 1 1/2″ – DSP
Layer 4: 2 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ – DSP
Layer 5: 2 3/8″ x 2 1/8″ – Very Vanilla
I Heat Embossed my image onto the piece of Soft Suede using Versamark & Clear Embossing Powder.
|Envelope & Inside Card…|
I adhered the DSP to a piece of Pink Pirouette so that I didn’t have the DSP straight onto the Soft Suede & to break the colours up a little. I think it looks pretty with the little bit of Pink Pirouette showing as a small edge. I then adhered this piece to the embossed piece using Snail Adhesive.
The Ribbon was adhered across the top part of the DSP & ends tucked under. The whole piece was then adhered to the Base Card – Very Vanilla using Snail Adhesive.
Stamping the image onto the small piece using Versamark & Soft Suede Inks, I Heat Embossed it. Using my Aqua Painter, I gently coloured the images with Pink Pirouette & Wild Wasabi Inks. I nearly left the leaves clear, but after looking at it for a little time, decided to go ahead & colour them. I like the little bit of green in the card!
|Close Up of Clear Embossing & Flowers…|
I applied Pearls to the centres of some of the flowers & adhered both pieces to the card as per the sketch. I found a couple of small Butterflies that were in my packet of Pink Pirouette already cut out, so I used them on the card. The large Butterfly was adhered with Multipurpose Glue & 2 small Pearls applied to the centre. The Butterflies had been cut using the Beatuiful Wings Embosslits Dies.
I stamped my sentiment direct onto a piece of Very Vanilla using my SU Marker – Soft Suede, punched with the Modern Label Punch, dabbed a little Pink Pirouette around the edges, adhered to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals & adhered the small butterfly to the sentiment. I applied 3 small Pearls to the punched piece – 1 in the centre of the Butterfly & 2 to replace the “o” in the words.
Lastly, I tied a bow & applied to the card with Mini Glue Dots.
When I saw this sketch, it is very similar to a scrapbook layout I have completed for a class I have this month, which I will post once the class is finished.