I saw this in a magazine a long time ago & it has always been at the back of my mind. I have never seen one on the internet or if there is, I have not come across one before. I’ve made a simple tutorial if you are interested in trying one.
Tutorial for Baby Dress –
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock – 4” x 6 “
2. Score card in half
3. Measure halfway along fold
4. Using 1 ¼” Circle Punch, punch small ½ circle for neck
5. Measure down 1 ½” from top of card
6. Measure in ½” from edge, cut – sleeves
7. Repeat Steps 6 & 7 for other side
8. Using a pencil, rule a line starting from where the cut finishes to the bottom of outside of card
There should now be a small slant running down the length of the card
9. Using scissors, cut from bottom to the top – where the cut for the sleeve finishes
10. Repeat Steps 8 & 9 for other side
11. Will now start to look like the shape of a dress
12. Erase pencil lines
1. Cut DSP 4” x 6”
2. Starting from underneath the sleeves, match up against Cardstock, rule shape & cut –
3. Top will be small than bottom
4. Using Scallop Edge, punch hemline – Hem should be about ½” shorter than Card
5. Apply adhesive on DSP & adhere to Card in line with the sleeves
6. Attach matching Ribbon & tie bow
7. Cut small pocket from DSP
8. Apply Faux Sewing along edge of pocket using Uni-Ball Gel Pen
9. Adhere to dress
To give a different look –
Attach a flower, Brads or Buttons instead of bow
Place a small row of Rhinestones along the top, running from sleeve to sleeve
Add another layer – opposite side of DSP or something entirely different – Translucent
The List is endless, but I kept mine very clean and simple on purpose!
2 posts in 1 day!
This is a really cute set & able to be used for everyone!
We all need cards for new born babies on hand!
I’ve had these cards for quiet sometime, but I do know that I have never posted them. I had an order for 6 cards using “Wild About You” and the set looked lovely – all very different while at the same time, ensuring that there were cards for baby girls, boys and not yet known!
Tomorrow I have a couple of different items to post so be on the lookout!
Take care & hope you got the winner!