With Christmas just around the corner, we made a start on our Christmas Cards in Crafty Creations this arvo. As it is purely a volunteer class, I am able to get more use out of some of my retired stamp sets, DSP, etc. Each week we try & do a small technique & this week it was Heat Embossing.
We created a card similar to this one in one our Technique Classes last year. It has been changed around a little for today’s class.
- Stamp Set – Special Season (Retired)
- Ink – Versamark
- Cardstock – Whisper White, Pool Party
- Framelits – Ovals Collection
- Ribbon- Island Indigo (Retired)
- Embossing Folder – Pretty Print (Retired)
- Accessories – Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Embossing Powder – Silver, Glue Dots
- Base Card Pool Party 8 ¼” x 5 7/8” or 21cm x 15cm
- Layer 1 Whisper White 3 7/8” x 5 5 5/8” or 10cm x 14.5cm
- Layer 2 DSP 2 ¼” x 3 7/8” or 6cm x 10cm
- Layer 3 Pool Party 4 ¾” x 3 ¾” or 9cm x 12cm
- Layer 4 Whisper White 4 ¾” x 3 ¾” or 9cm x 12cm
- Run Layer 1 – Whisper White through BS using Pretty Print EF
- Adhere DSP to bottom part of embossed piece
- Adhere piece of Ribbon across join tucking ends & adhere to Base Card – Pool Party
- Stamp tree image onto Layer 4 – Whisper White with Versamark & Heat Emboss with Silver EP
- Cut out with Large Oval Framelits by running through BS
- Run Layer 3 – Pool Party through BS prior to adhering embossed tree on top
- Adhere to Base Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals top part & Adhesive bottom part
- Tie small bow & adhere with Glue Dot
- Randomly adhere Rhinestones to tree
Until next time, Happy Stampin’
Our current challenge over at Sunny Challenges & Creations is to create something using the fantastic “Framelits” from Stampin’ Up!
I decided to create a Christmas Card for this challenge. I am in the process of creating these cards for my next market coming up first Sunday in November, so this was the perfect opportunity for me.
Truth be told, I didn’t really know where I was going with this card, but knew that I wanted to use the “Ornament Keepsakes” with the dotty DSP from “Season of Style” which is in the current “Holiday Catalogue“. Of course I had to used my favourite EF – Perfect Polka Dots!
Stamp Set Ornament Keepsakes – 128051, Petite Pairs – 122497
Ink Old Olive – 126953, Chocolate Chip – 126979,
Cherry Cobbler – 126966
Cardstock Whisper White – 106549, Old Olive – 106576, Chocolate Chip – 108599, Cherry Cobbler – 121681
DSP Season of Style – 132340
Embossing Folder Perfect Polka Dots – 117335
Framelits Holiday Ornaments – 127816, Adorning Accents – 125595
Punches Large Oval – 119855, Scallop Oval – 119856, 1” Circle – 119868
Baker’s Twine Cherry Cobbler – 123125
Accessories Snail Adhesive – 104332, Stampin’ Dimensionals – 104430, Pearls – 119247, Glue Dots – 103683
Don’t forget to head over to Sunny Challenges & Creations to check out what the other members of the Design Team have created. We would really love for you to join us this in this challenge. You have 2 weeks to create your project & link back with Mr Linky.
Click on the link below to get your Tutorial to create your own card
To order Stampin’ Up! products online, please Shop Here
Want to join my family, and be a part of a group that loves to stamp together, Join Here
To check out available classes or to attend any of the classes, please Click Here, click on the “Classes/Workshop” Page or email me email@example.com
Until next time, Happy Stampin’