A part of the small gift I posted off to Kathy (new Downline), were Post-It Notes which I thought would be very handy for her.
Again, I’ve used the lovely “Falling in Love” DSP but teamed it up with a piece of Sweet Sugarplum which was embossed with the “Falling Petals” EF & is part of the “Falling in Love” Suite, Page 51. The base of the Holder is Soft Sky.
I also punched a Butterfly from the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper with the Bitty Butterfly Punch.
To check out the card created from the same products, click on here. There is also a Free Tutorial for you to create your own card.
Until next time, Happy Stampin’
Crikey, this is the 2nd posting for the day! I must get out of this office & be on my way or I will be late – yet again!
This has been done for a very special person, but as yet I haven’t given it to her. I know for a fact she doesn’t come onto the blog, so am safe to show it. I have yet to stamp the notes!
Stamp Set – Fifth Avenue
Cardstock – Pacific Point, Very Vanilla
DSP – Urban Garden
Ink – Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point
Ribbon – Bashful Blue Grosgrain
Accessories – Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals, Bone Folder
I will post a Tutorial later on next week so that if any of you want to have a go at making them, you are able to. Very easy project!
Due to many requests for instructions of the holder posted the other day, I’ve managed to do one. So here goes –
Instructions for Post-It Note Holder
Supplies Required –
Cardstock – Whisper White, Real Red
DSP – Pink Flamingo
Ink – Real Red
Stamp Set – Great Friend
Punches – Oval, Scallop Oval
Ribbon – Striped Grosgrain
Accessories – Dazzling Diamonds, 2-Way Glue, Uni-Signo Gel Pen
Post-It Notes – 7.5cm x 7.5cm
1. Cut cardboard 9cm wide x 20cm long. I allowed a 2cm fold for the top as I put 2 post-it notes together
2. Score cardboard at 9cm & 11cm
3. Cut desired cardstock – Real Red – 9cm wide x 20cm long
4. Score cardstock at 9cm & 11cm
5. Cut a 26cm piece of ribbon in half – Striped Grosgrain Real Red
6. Tape the 2 pieces of ribbon down onto the inside of the 2cm fold at the top of your holder, ensuring they are in the middle
7. Adhere Real Red Cardstock to the side of the cardboard that you wish to be the inside. This covers the ends of your ribbon
8. Cut DSP – Pink Flamingo – 9cm wide x 20cm long
9. Score at 9cm & 11cm
10. Adhere DSP to the outside of the cardboard
11. Adhere the post-it notes to the bottom of the inside of the holder. These should fit nice & snug up against the 2cm fold. Adhere the bottom of the post-it notes to the bottom of the holder. When I have used one lot of post-it notes, I just adhere another lot to the bottom
12. Tie ribbon into a bow, trim
13. Embellish as desired
I used the Butterfly from “Great Friend”
1. Stamp butterfly in Real Red onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock & cut out
2. Using 2-Way Glue on the butterfly, sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds over the butterfly
3. Adhere to the cover of the post-it holder
4. Using Real Red & Whisper White, stamp “For You”
5. Punch the words, using Oval Punch
6. Punch piece of Real Red Cardstock, using the Scallop Oval Punch
7. Adhere the Whisper White to the Real Red
8. Using Uni-Signo Gel Pen, place small dots around the outside of the scallop oval
I save the cardboard which comes as the backing for the DSP – never throw it out! This is what I use as backing for a lot of my little holders, projects, etc. It makes them a little bit stronger!
If this is not clear, please let me know & I will run through it with you.
I have been off the air for a little – not up to scratch, but thought I would start the week out with a bright cheery number.
Cardstock – Real Red, Whisper White
Stamp Set – Great Friends
Punches – Scallop Oval, Oval
Accessories – White Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen, Snail Glue, Dazzling Diamonds
Ribbon – 1/2″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon – Real Red
DSP – Pink Flamingo
How pretty & bright is this paper!
I love working with these colours, very different to what I usually work with, but each time I use them, they always make me feel much happier! I am going to try & use them on a scrap book page, so stay tuned.
If you would like instructions for this, please email me!
Have a great day