Today’s card is one of the cards we will be creating in Crafty Creations this arvo.
In fact, I will be dividing the class into 4 groups with each group doing 4 different cards over 4 weeks. They don’t know it yet, but by the time this post goes live we will be in the middle of our class & the ladies will have received their surprise!!!!!
This set of cards is using the now retired “Special Season” Stamp set.
With today’s card, I started out by casing one from Pinterest, but didn’t end up being anything like the one I started out doing. It sort of created a mind of it’s own & just kept going until I ended up with something that we could do in our Friday’s class without being too busy or involved.
My card hasn’t been embossed, but I have since added this bit to it. The Cherry Cobbler is now embossed using the Petals-a-Plenty EF (retired). By embossing the Cherry Cobbler, it sort of made the card jump a little more.
The edges of the Very Vanilla panel have been sponged with Crumb Cake, along with the greeting & the inside of the card. It sort of ties everything together by doing it this way.
To bring the tree alive a little, I added Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details as well as Silver Sparkle – not seen in the photo, as it was added afterwards.
Tutorial to create your card by clicking on the link – “Special Season”
Don’t forget to check back next Friday to see the 2nd card.
Until next time, Happy Stampin!
Products used on the card –
With Christmas just around the corner, we made a start on our Christmas Cards in Crafty Creations this arvo. As it is purely a volunteer class, I am able to get more use out of some of my retired stamp sets, DSP, etc. Each week we try & do a small technique & this week it was Heat Embossing.
We created a card similar to this one in one our Technique Classes last year. It has been changed around a little for today’s class.
- Stamp Set – Special Season (Retired)
- Ink – Versamark
- Cardstock – Whisper White, Pool Party
- Framelits – Ovals Collection
- Ribbon- Island Indigo (Retired)
- Embossing Folder – Pretty Print (Retired)
- Accessories – Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Embossing Powder – Silver, Glue Dots
- Base Card Pool Party 8 ¼” x 5 7/8” or 21cm x 15cm
- Layer 1 Whisper White 3 7/8” x 5 5 5/8” or 10cm x 14.5cm
- Layer 2 DSP 2 ¼” x 3 7/8” or 6cm x 10cm
- Layer 3 Pool Party 4 ¾” x 3 ¾” or 9cm x 12cm
- Layer 4 Whisper White 4 ¾” x 3 ¾” or 9cm x 12cm
- Run Layer 1 – Whisper White through BS using Pretty Print EF
- Adhere DSP to bottom part of embossed piece
- Adhere piece of Ribbon across join tucking ends & adhere to Base Card – Pool Party
- Stamp tree image onto Layer 4 – Whisper White with Versamark & Heat Emboss with Silver EP
- Cut out with Large Oval Framelits by running through BS
- Run Layer 3 – Pool Party through BS prior to adhering embossed tree on top
- Adhere to Base Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals top part & Adhesive bottom part
- Tie small bow & adhere with Glue Dot
- Randomly adhere Rhinestones to tree
Until next time, Happy Stampin’