Let’s have some fun! Polka Dots Fun!
This is the weekly Challenge set by Crazy 4 Challenges!
Design a card/project using Polka Dots.
My take of it is below. See below for the link to their website, more details & samples.
Cardstock – Whisper White
DSP – Patterns DSP – Pink Pirouette
Punches – Scallop Edge, Scallop Circle, 1 1/4″ Circle
Accessories – Snail Adhesive, Ribbon, Pencil & Rubber, Uni-Ball Gel Pen
I saw this in a magazine a long time ago & it has always been at the back of my mind. I have never seen one on the internet or if there is, I have not come across one before. I’ve made a simple tutorial if you are interested in trying one.
Tutorial for Baby Dress –
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock – 4” x 6 “
2. Score card in half
3. Measure halfway along fold
4. Using 1 ¼” Circle Punch, punch small ½ circle for neck
5. Measure down 1 ½” from top of card
6. Measure in ½” from edge, cut – sleeves
7. Repeat Steps 6 & 7 for other side
8. Using a pencil, rule a line starting from where the cut finishes to the bottom of outside of card
There should now be a small slant running down the length of the card
9. Using scissors, cut from bottom to the top – where the cut for the sleeve finishes
10. Repeat Steps 8 & 9 for other side
11. Will now start to look like the shape of a dress
12. Erase pencil lines
1. Cut DSP 4” x 6”
2. Starting from underneath the sleeves, match up against Cardstock, rule shape & cut –
3. Top will be small than bottom
4. Using Scallop Edge, punch hemline – Hem should be about ½” shorter than Card
5. Apply adhesive on DSP & adhere to Card in line with the sleeves
6. Attach matching Ribbon & tie bow
7. Cut small pocket from DSP
8. Apply Faux Sewing along edge of pocket using Uni-Ball Gel Pen
9. Adhere to dress
To give a different look –
Attach a flower, Brads or Buttons instead of bow
Place a small row of Rhinestones along the top, running from sleeve to sleeve
Add another layer – opposite side of DSP or something entirely different – Translucent
The List is endless, but I kept mine very clean and simple on purpose!
If you would like to play along all you have to do is create a card/project and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword C4C18. Don’t forget to go to http://www.crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/ to upload your card, so as everyone else can see it too.
Until next time, have a great night