Box with Acetate Window
1 x piece cardstock – 6 ¼” x 6 ¼” square
1 x piece DSP – 4 5/8” x 4 5/8” square
Scallop Circle Punch
1 3/8” Circle Punch
1 ¼” Circle Punch
1 Score the 6 ¼” x 6 ¼” square cardstock at 2” & 4 ¼”
2 Rotate & repeat
3 Using your scissors, cut along 2 score lines on opposite sides of the cardstock
4 Trim ½” off top of the 4 outer squares
5 Cut a “V” into the inside corner of each of the pieces & again for the outside
6 Using Sticky Strip and with the right side facing you, adhere the sides to the inside of box
1. Score the 4 5/8” x 4 5/8” square cardstock at 1” all around the lid
2. Rotate & repeat
3. Using your scissors, cut along 2 score lines on opposite sides of the cardstock
4. Trim ½” off top of the 4 outer squares
5. Cut a “V” into the inside corner of each of the pieces & again for the outside
6. Using 1 ¼´Circle Punch, punch the middle out of the top of the lid
7. With a scrap piece of cardstock, and using 1 ¼” Circle Punch, punch out a circle
8. Using the 1 3/8″ circle punch, punch out a piece of acetate
9. Using the Scallop Punch, place over the circle, ensuring that it is even all around, punch
10. Adhere the acetate to the wrong side of the scallop piece
11. Adhere scallop piece over the top of the circle
12. Using Sticky Strip and with the right side facing you, adhere the sides to the inside of box
13. Place lid over the bottom & embellish
I hope you enjoy this tutorial. It is the 1st one I have completed with photos, as I didn’t know if I could make myself clear enough without them.
If anyone has any problems understanding, please do not hesitate to contact me
Until tmw, when I will do one for the card!
I’ve been off the air lately, but have come up with a couple of new cards & Off the Page Projects, so hope you enjoy.
In the next couple of days, I will be writing a Tutorial for both the card & box, so stay tuned.
Stamp Set – Gread Friend
Ink – Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock – Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie,
Punches – 1″ Circle, 1 1/4″ Circle, 1 3/4″ Circle, Scallop Circle
Accessories – Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Acetate
NON-SU – Paper, Rhinestones
I’ve had notebooks sitting in my box of “stuff” for quiet sometime, just waiting patiently to be decorated or something…. to them. Well today was the day!
With the rose, I have stamped it 3 times onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Using the Aqua Painter, I then picked up bits of colour from Ruby Red and painted the rose. I then cut 2 of the stamped images where I thought would best suit the flower. I used dimensionals to create the layers. I may even add a little Dazzling Diamonds for a bit more of a lift!
On the inside, I’ve covered the top of the notebook with cardstock & DSP. I’ve randomly stamped 3 images on the pages, using the different flowers & the colours from the front. I decided not to add any flower on the left side, but instead added a small pocket – Blue Check – which you are able to include your receipts etc. In the next couple of days, I will do a Tutorial for the cover & instructions relating to the technique I’ve used.
I am going to have to return this set to Jenny this week or she will be thinking she didn’t purchase this set.
Stamp Set – Fifth Avenue
Cardstock – Ruby Red, More Mustard, Whisper White
DSP – Sweet Slumper Speciality
Ink – More Mustard, Bashful Blue, Ruby Red
Ribbon – Grosgrain – Bashful Blue
Accessories – Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals
Until tmw, enjoy this hot hot weather
It’s Friday! BUT then I just realised it doesn’t make any difference to me…..except I have a class at the local community centre every Friday. I hope you have all had a great week & counting down the hours to a relaxing weekend.
I intend to try & weed the garden – have neglected it for sometime, so fingers crossed I am able to get out there into the sunny sun!
I’ve copied this card from the latest catalogue, except changed it around a little. This is one of the cards I have to admit I hate doing, but they always come up so soft & lovely!
Cardstock – Always Artichoke, So Saffron
Ink – Always Artichoke
Stamp Set – Close as a Memory
Ribbon – Retired
Punches – Scallop Circle, 1 3/8″ Square, 1 1/4″ Round
Stampin’ Write Markers – Pretty-in-Pink, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery
Accessories – Snail Glue, Pearls from Pretty Kit, Pop-Up Glue Dots
Until tmw, have a great night!
Due to many requests for instructions of the holder posted the other day, I’ve managed to do one. So here goes –
Instructions for Post-It Note Holder
Supplies Required –
Cardstock – Whisper White, Real Red
DSP – Pink Flamingo
Ink – Real Red
Stamp Set – Great Friend
Punches – Oval, Scallop Oval
Ribbon – Striped Grosgrain
Accessories – Dazzling Diamonds, 2-Way Glue, Uni-Signo Gel Pen
Post-It Notes – 7.5cm x 7.5cm
1. Cut cardboard 9cm wide x 20cm long. I allowed a 2cm fold for the top as I put 2 post-it notes together
2. Score cardboard at 9cm & 11cm
3. Cut desired cardstock – Real Red – 9cm wide x 20cm long
4. Score cardstock at 9cm & 11cm
5. Cut a 26cm piece of ribbon in half – Striped Grosgrain Real Red
6. Tape the 2 pieces of ribbon down onto the inside of the 2cm fold at the top of your holder, ensuring they are in the middle
7. Adhere Real Red Cardstock to the side of the cardboard that you wish to be the inside. This covers the ends of your ribbon
8. Cut DSP – Pink Flamingo – 9cm wide x 20cm long
9. Score at 9cm & 11cm
10. Adhere DSP to the outside of the cardboard
11. Adhere the post-it notes to the bottom of the inside of the holder. These should fit nice & snug up against the 2cm fold. Adhere the bottom of the post-it notes to the bottom of the holder. When I have used one lot of post-it notes, I just adhere another lot to the bottom
12. Tie ribbon into a bow, trim
13. Embellish as desired
I used the Butterfly from “Great Friend”
1. Stamp butterfly in Real Red onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock & cut out
2. Using 2-Way Glue on the butterfly, sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds over the butterfly
3. Adhere to the cover of the post-it holder
4. Using Real Red & Whisper White, stamp “For You”
5. Punch the words, using Oval Punch
6. Punch piece of Real Red Cardstock, using the Scallop Oval Punch
7. Adhere the Whisper White to the Real Red
8. Using Uni-Signo Gel Pen, place small dots around the outside of the scallop oval
I save the cardboard which comes as the backing for the DSP – never throw it out! This is what I use as backing for a lot of my little holders, projects, etc. It makes them a little bit stronger!
If this is not clear, please let me know & I will run through it with you.