Today I have a bit of a different card to show you.  It is my version of “Instagram”.  I know that there are many out there who do & follow social media, especially “Instagram”.  I can honestly say I am not one of them.  I don’t even go onto Facebook that much except to post my cards which usually takes me all of about 15m. Much prefer to be outside in the garden or down at the beach.  There are probably heaps of these types of cards already out there (to be honest, I haven’t looked), but a door suddenly opened the other day when my niece mentioned Instagram.

Now that I’ve created this one, there are so many ideas going through my head.  For my card I have tried to stay as close to 003wmb-blogthe icon as possible, with the exception of a couple of small changes.

I adhered pieces of Basic Black, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party & Tempting Turquoise onto a piece of Soft Suede & rounded the corners at the top with the Project Life Corner Punch.

This was then adhered to a piece of Sahara Sand Card which the corners had also been rounded prior to adhering the Soft Suede piece.

I cut a piece of Basic Black into a 1 1/4″ square & adhered it to the top.  A piece of Basic Black was punched using the 1″ Circle Punch, a Flower punched in Real Red using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack & adhered to the centre of the Black Circle prior to adhering to the top of the Black Square with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

For the centre piece, I punched a piece of Sahara Sand Card with the 2″ Circle Punch & sponged around the edge with Sahara Sand Ink & a Dauber.  I repeated this sponging all around the edge of the card.

I adhered a Basic Black Circle to the centre.  This was punched using the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch.  I then decided that it needed more in the middle, so I punched 2 more circles in Basic Black – 1 x 1 1/4″ & 1 x 1 3/8″ Circle Punches.  These were both adhered on top of each other prior to adhering to the centre with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

As my Basic Black Card Base looked a little dull, I cut a piece of Modern Medley DSP & adhered it to the front prior to adhering the “camera” to the front.

My “16” was cut using Dies (before SU!) in the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper & adhered to the top circle. The little circle from the “6” was adhered to the centre of the Real Red flower.

I decided to stamp “Happy Birthday” onto Whisper White Card in Real Red Ink, punch with the Word Window Punch & adhered to Card Front.

I hope you like my version of the “Instagram” Card.

Until next time, Happy Stampin’


002wm-blogProducts used –

Supply List

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Sending Many Thanks

G’day Stampers,

Today’s card is one I did way back in June/July when we could pre-order for the current catalogue.  I have just found it in my blog file & one which I thought I had posted.

011a1To create my card, I stamped the background images direct onto the Base card  Whisper White in Smokey Slate Ink, ensuring the images were in the middle of the card & not too high or low.  I then stamped the large flower image onto a scrap of Whisper White with Memento Black Ink & coloured with Daffodil Delight & Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities before cutting out & setting aside.

A piece of Modern Medley DSP (Retired) was adhered to the Top & Bottom of the Base Card.  I then attached the large flower to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.  3 x Basic Black Leaves were punched with the Bird Builder Punch prior to adhering under the flower.

The Sentiment from Petite Pairs was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White with Memento Black Ink, prior to cutting into a Banner Shape at the bottom.  A Basic Black & Whisper White Banner was created prior to adhering all 3 to the top part of the card.

To finish it off, I adhered a row of Pearls along the top of the Banner & again along the top of the DSP.  I then scattered smaller Pearls around the card.

You may recognise this card as it is on Page 170 of the current catalogue.  I’ve changed it around to suit what I had to play with.

Until next time, Happy Stampin’