I’ve had to create a couple of Birthday Cards for the coming weeks & went straight to Mary-Jo’s Monday Challenge which is perfect for what I had in mind.
I’ve been playing again & had the gorgeous “Wildflower Meadow“ Background Stamp & matching Embossing Folder sitting on my desk – will show you those at a later date. When I saw the open space on the sketch, I immediately grabbed this stamp. It doesn’t matter how you seem to use this Background Stamp, it always comes up looking beautiful. I’m really happy with my card, so I only hope the receiver is too.
Thanks Mary-Jo for yet another wonderful challenge!
To create my card I went straight for my Subtles Markers & my Colour Coach. I wanted to spritz the stamp prior to stamping as I thought it would give it a much softer look. After inking the image with Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder, I spritzed it to give it a much softer look & stamped direct onto the piece of Whisper White Cardstock. If you haven’t tried stamping & spritzing, give it a go. You will surely love the softer look it gives your card.
Please click on the link below to copy the tutorial for to create your own card.
Until next time, Happy Stampin’
40. Happy Birthday – Wildflower Meadow
I’m in a bit of shock with this card as I’ve created it for a challenge. I know, it has been so long since I’ve actually done a card for a challenge. When I saw this sketch, I knew exactly what stamp set I was going to use & the colours, so it come together super easy! Don’t you love it when that happens? I think we tend to overthink things a lot of the time & create stress on ourselves.
For the challenge over at Craft Project Central, I’ve used “Kinda Eclectic” – love every stamp in this set – plus a couple of the new In Colours – Lost Lagoon & Tangelo Twist. I didn’t actually do the card size of the sketch, but a standard size card – hope that will be ok?
- Stamp Set – Kinda Eclectic, Label Something (Retired)
- Ink – Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Tangelo Twist
- Cardstock – Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Night of Navy
- Embossing Folder – Decorative Dots
- Ribbon – 3/8″ Stitched Satin – Tangelo Twist
- Punches – 7/8″ Scallop Circle, Bitty Butterfly
- Accessories – Stampin’ Dimensionals, Big Shot, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Pearl Basic Jewels
- Base Card – Lost Lagoon – 8 1/4″ x 5 7/8″ or 21cm x 15cm
- Layer 1 – Whisper White – 5 5/8″ x 4″ or 14.5cm x 10cm
- Layer 2 – Night of Navy – 4″ x 3″ or 10.5cm x 8cm
- Layer 3 – Whisper White – 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ or 10cm x 7.5cm
- Scrap Whisper White – Greeting, Leaf & Butterfly
- Ink print image with Lost Lagoon Ink, stamp off onto scrap paper prior to stamping onto Layer 3 – Whisper White
- Mask stamped image, ink sun image in Daffodil Delight Ink & stamp off to LHS of card
- Wrap Tangelo Twist Ribbon around bottom part of card tucking ends under & tying a bow
- Adhere to Layer 2 – Not Quite Navy
- Run Layer 1 – Whisper White through BS using Decorative Dots EF prior to adhering to Base Card – Lost Lagoon
- Adhere layered Night of Navy to top of embossed Base Card
- Stamp leaf image onto scrap Whisper White with Soft Sky, cut around image prior to adhering to Base Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stamp small Butterfly image onto scrap Whisper White with Tangelo Twist Ink, punch with Bitty Butterfly Punch & adhere to top of leaf
- Stamp greeting onto scrap Whisper White with Night of Navy Ink & punch with 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch prior to adhering to card
- Complete card by randomly adhering small Pearl Basic Jewels around card & to centre of Butterfly
Thank you ladies for a great sketch.
Until next time, Happy Stampin’