At our Christmas Party last year, we got to talking about recipes & one of the ladies asked if it was possible if we could swap recipes at our Friday class…… I immediately said I didn’t have a problem with it & after some thinking & how to go about it, today starts a new class which will be held the last Friday of the month.
I am really excited about this venture, as I want to create pages that resemble cards, not the traditional recipe pages, while at the same time, still doing different techniques, layouts, etc. We will be completing 2 pages per month & maybe some months a couple of extra pages.
Now, this is a big step for me as I will be the first to acknowledge I HATE cooking!!!!! Yep, I cannot understand how people can be so passionate about it, but when you love it, you LOVE it!!!! I suppose they would say the same about my craft! To me cooking is just a means of surviving, but I love all those cooking shows & the kitchen shops….. I would be quiet happy to have a home with NO kitchen & if I have to cook, the Barbie would be enough for me, as I LOVE barbies…..
The layout for this page came from Peg sometime ago. I thought it clean & easy, perfect colours for our first card as well as a yummy Homemade Vegetable Soup……. Not the traditional winter colours, but bright & cherry!
Maybe, just maybe, I may be tempted to try some of the recipes….. Maybe????????
Base – Basic Black – 8 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ or 21cm x 14.5cm
Layer 1 – DSP – 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ or 14.5cm x 8cm
Layer 2 – Lucky Limeade – 8 1/4″ x 1″ or 14.5cm x 2.5cm
Layer 3 – Lucky Limeade – 5 3/4″ x 3″ or 14.5cm x 7.5cm
Layer 4 – Whisper White – 5 5/8″ x 2 7/8″ or 14cm x 7cm
Layer 5 – Lucky Limeade – 4″ x 3″ or 10cm x 7.5cm
Layer 6 – Whisper White – 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ or 9.5cm x 7cm
Stamp Set – French Foliage
Ink – Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade
Cardstock – Basic Black, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
DSP – Neutrals Designer Series
Ribbon – 3/8″ Ruffled – Lucky Limeade
Punches – Scallop Trim Border
Accessories – Snail Adhesive
1. Punch along one of the longer sides of the 1″ piece of Lucky Limeade using the Scallop Trim Border Punch
2. Adhere DSP to the top of the punched piece of Lucky Limeade & then to the Base Card – Basic Black
3. Adhere Ribbon along the bottom half, tuck ends under & tie a knot off to the right hand side
4. Randomly stamp images onto the piece of Whisper White – 5 3/4″ x 3″ – with Lucky Limeade & Basic Gray Inks. I stamped off once prior to stamping with the Basic Gray
5. Adhere to the matching piece of Lucky Limeade – 5 5/8″ x 2 7/8″ & then to the Base Card
6. Adhere your recipe card to the smaller piece of Lucky Limeade & then to the Base Card
Don’t forget to check back in a couple of days for the 2nd page we completed.
Until next time, Enjoy!