I found this great card on Pinterest sometime ago & it stuck in my head. I loved the way the person had used the stamp to create her look. Reminded me a bit of abstract art!
So many looks are able to be created using the fabulous “Work of Art” Stamp Set – gotta love it when you can achieve heaps with 1 set!
While using the same colours (I think), I’ve changed mine a little by using Buttons & Twine for the centre of the flowers.
So that I could stamp directly onto the now retired “First Edition Speciality” DSP, I temporary marked the front of my notebook prior to stamping. I wasn’t too worried if the stamping would not all fit on the front, as it gives it a bit of a different look.
For the bottom flower, I stamped directly onto the DSP with Blackberry Bliss Ink, stamping in a circle. I again repeated the same step, but this time stamping off prior to stamping direct onto the DSP.
For the top flower I stamped off once prior to stamping direct onto the DSP, again in a circle. I repeated the same step, but this time stamping off twice prior to stamping direct onto the DSP.
With the little bits of green around the front, I used Old Olive Ink to match the Ribbon.
I then proceeded to cover my book with the DSP. I covered the Spine with a piece of BlackBerry Bliss CS & adhered a piece of retired Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon for the Bookmark, ensuring it was long enough once the book was open.
For the centres, I threaded a piece of Natural Linen Thread through 2 x Crushed Curry Buttons, tied at back & adhered with Glue Dots. The same stamp as the flowers were used.
I printed the word “Journal” with MDS, punched with Oval Punch & adhered to a piece of Old Olive CS which had been punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. This was then adhered to the book with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To finish the cover, I lightly sprayed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.
I love the colours of Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive & a splash of Crushed Curry – they seem so very vibrant!
Until next time, Happy Stampin!