For the past week or so I’ve been playing with a couple of colours & for the lif eof me, cannot get enough of them together. This is the first that I finished this morning. Yep, heaps of unfinished cards, etc sitting on the side of my desk. To make matters worse they just keep getting moved from one place to another & back again everyday…..
I’ve also been playing with Re-Inkers & Blender Pen. This is my first card using both.
|Envelope & Inside card…
Base Card – Sahara Sand – 11 3/4″ x 4 1/8″ or 29.5cm x 10.5cm – Scored in middle & folded in half
Layer 1 – Pink Pirouette – 5 3/4″ x 4″ or 14.5cm x 10cm
Layer 2 – Very Vanilla – 5 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ or 14cm x 9.5cm
Layer 3 – Bravo Burgundy – 2″ x 4 1/4″ or 5cm x 11.5cm
Layer 4 – Very Vanilla – 1 7/8″ x 4″ or 4.5cm x 11cm
|Close up of Embossing & Flowers….
I stamped 2 images onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla with Staz-On Ink & set aside to dry. I placed a couple of drops of Pink Pirouette Re-Inker onto a Clear Mount Block, coloured my images with a Blender Pen. I added a very tiny tiny amount of Bravo Burgundy Re-Inker to the same Block & sort of mixed the 2 together so that I could get a darker colour without being too Bravo Burgundy. I picked this up with my Blender Pen & coloured the flower closer to the middle & blended out towards the edges. For the centres, I used Bravo Burgundy Re-Inker & Blender Pen to blend, although in the photo it looks a little pink. I set these aside to dry prior to cutting around images. Colouring on Very Vanilla Cardstock gives the colour a little more of a soft look then if it had’ve been on Whisper White.
I run the larger piece of Very Vanilla through the Bigshot using Embossing Folder – Flower Garden. This piece was adhered to the piece of Pink Pirouette with Tombow Glue & then to the Base Card – Sahara Sand with Snail Adhesive.
I stamped the stem onto the long piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using Garden Green Ink & adhered to the piece of Bravo Burgundy Cardstock with Snail Adhesive. I tied a piece of Bravo Burgundy Ribbon around the bottom & tied a knot. The whole piece was adhered to the Base Card.
I adhered the 2 flower images over the top of the stem with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The sentiment was stamped direct onto the Base Card with Bravo Burgundy Ink.
A fairly easy card, but one that I like as the Blender Pen & Re-Inkers give the flowers a little bit of depth. Next time, I will try the same technique using Watercolour Paper, as well as Aqua Painter & Watercolour Paper.
Stamp Set – Fabulous Florets*, So Happy For You
Ink – Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Staz-On
Cardstock – Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy
Embossing Folder – Flower Garden*
Ribbon – 1/4″ Grosgrain – Bravo Burgundy
Accessories – Bigshot, Tombow Glue, Snail Adhesive, Blender Pen
Stampin’ Dimensionals, Re-Inkers – Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette
* Summer Mini – ends 31 March 2012
Until next time, Happy Stampin’